- Elimination of Viral Hepatitis: Achievements, Challenges, and Prospects 2023 Busan (APASL STC 2023 Busan)
- Toward Elimination of Viral Hepatitis
- September 21-23, 2023
- BEXCO, Busan, Korea
- Time Zone
- GMT+9 Korea / Japan
- Hosted by
- Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver (APASL)
- Organizing Committee of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver Single Topic Conference 2023 Busan (APASL STC 2023 Busan)
- The Korean Association for the Study of the Liver (KASL)
- Official Language of Conference
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT KOREA
- Korea is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +9) and does not observe daylight savings time.
- Weather in September
- TEMPERATURE: 13°C 55°F
HIGH TEMPERATURE: 18°C 64°F
LOW TEMPERATURE: 7°C 45°F
SUNSHINE HOURS: 7hrs
- Currency and
- The unit of Korean currency is the Korean Won (￦). Coin denominations are ￦10, ￦50, ￦100, and ￦500. Banknotes are ￦1,000, ￦5,000, ￦10,000, and ￦50,000.
(*approximate exchange rate: ￦1,200=USD1.00)
- The electricity supply commonly used in Korea is the 220-volt 60Hz system. Because most newly built hotels and houses have the 220-volt wiring installed, you are advised to check your electronic equipment beforehand.
- Tip & Tax
- Service charges are included in your bill for rooms, meals, and other services at hotels and upscale restaurants. Koreans occasionally do tip when they are especially pleased with the service they receive. Foreign tourists can receive nearly 10 % VAT refunds for purchases at Duty Free shops. Goods must be taken out of Korea within three months of purchase to be eligible for a tax refund. Visitors can receive a refund on a receipt for a minimum purchase of KRW 50,000 (around USD 40.00). To receive this refund, present receipts with the purchased goods at the customs clearance desk at Incheon International Airport when departing.
- Visitors entering the Republic of Korea (ROK) must hold a valid passport and visa to enter the country. Nationals of visa waiver or visa-free countries may enter the country without a visa for tourism purposes only. For any other purposes, such as employmentor education, proper visasare required. Nationals of non-visa waiver countries must apply for visas at the nearest Korean embassy or consulate prior to entering the ROK.
More Information ->
- Useful Websites